Coldest Night of the Year 2021
The Brenda Strafford Centre is pleased to be a part of the Coldest Night of the Year (CNOY) as Calgary North! This is our first year, and we want you to be a part of our team!
It’s cold out there. The Coldest Night of the Year is a covid-safe, family-friendly walk to raise money for charities serving people experiencing homelessness, hurt, and hunger. Walk with us virtually or in-person on February 20, 2021 – there’s a place for everyone!
For more information, and to sign up, please visit: https://cnoy.org/location/calgarynorth
About Coldest Night of the Year:
Since 2011, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised over $33,500,000 in 144 communities across Canada. CNOY is Canada’s (un)official walk for those impacted by hurt, homelessness, or hunger. Join us again on Feb 20th 2021!
So, what’s new for 2021?
- Things will be a little different this year to keep everyone safe and make the event a success.
- This year, participants can choose how they’d like to walk and fundraise:
- In-person: The majority of locations will be hosting a 100% outdoor event where we can come together to walk as a socially distant group on 2 km or 5 km routes. Brave the cold and safely celebrate your achievements together (covid-permitting)!
- Virtually: Either individually, or in their team bubbles, participants can choose to walk anytime in February on their own routes close to home.
- No Registration Fee: Everyone is welcome to come and support their local CNOY charity.
- Thank You Toques: This year, participants who raise a modest minimum will receive their own CNOY toque as our thank you for fundraising! ($150 for adults 18 and over, $75 for youth 17 and under)
- Scheduled Walk Times: Walkers at In-Person events will now be able to schedule their walk times! This helps locations manage limit-of-assembly rules and covid safety protocols. We’ll email all in-person participants with a link to schedule their Walk Time mid-February.
- Cash + Cheques: There’ll be no cash or cheque collection on event day this year – this will keep everyone a little safer, and reduce the organizing strain
- Cheques should be made out to Coldest Night of the Year and mailed directly to the CNOY Head Office for processing.
- Cash donations can be paid off online quickly and simply in Fundhub.