About Us: Brenda Strafford Centre
The Brenda Strafford Centre serves people at risk of family violence through providing a safe housing environment and comprehensive support services for its residents so that they can live safely in the community upon their departure from the Centre.
A community free from family violence.
We support people at risk who have experienced family violence to live safely and successfully in our community.
Agency Goal Statements
- To provide flexible, accessible, low-cost, and secure transitional
housing and support services for women with their children who
have been assessed by crisis shelters.
- To decrease the length of stay and frequency of re-admission
of women who are housed in shelters and have decided to leave
their abusive situation but for whom housing and security are
the primary barriers to departure.
- To achieve long-term stability for women with their children who
have been subjected to violence.
In-House Service Goal Statements
- To provide social, emotional and psychological support for
families that come to the Centre.
- To ensure and/or provide counselling for families in order
to alleviate the impacts of violence and break the abuse cycle.
This will include support to understand working toward
long-term healthy relationships.
- To assist families to achieve long-term stability and to access
employment, food, household goods, clothing, furniture,
adequate and affordable housing, and other necessities
for independent living.
- To enable women to be successful as tenants, family members
and members of a community.
- To build on the assets and strengths of residents.